Raise the Paddle for Macha on April 29!
Macha Monkey is growing and changing in 2017 and we want to celebrate and share our vision for fearless, funny, female theatre with you on April 29th! Talented hosts Bret Fetzer and Kate Jaeger will lead us through an evening of fun and fundraising.
On the 29th we will preview our upcoming spring show ...And Starring Claire from Hollywood, read selections from new plays written by the young playwrights in our education program, say a fond farewell to our Artistic Director and co-founder, Kristina S. Rowell, and welcome our incoming Artistic Director, Amy Poisson!
Join us for an evening of fun, frivolity, and fabulousness as we unleash all the big things that are in store for Macha Monkey in 2017 and 2018! And of course no Macha Event would be complete without plenty of food and booze…
WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 7:00 PM
WHERE: Bridges@11th Lounge (4557 11th Ave NE)
TICKETS: $20 in advance/$25 at the door
Take your part in helping Macha Monkey produces fearless, funny, female theatre! Get your tickets now!
…And Starring Claire from Hollywood
Coming in May at 18th and Union, Macha Monkey Productions proudly presents the world premiere of ...And Starring Claire from Hollywood by Jim Moran. Directed by Amy Poisson.
...And Starring Claire from Hollywood is a behind-the-scenes comedy of a former Hollywood actress’s foray into a community summer theatre production of Noel Coward’s Private Lives.
Playing at 18th and Union, an arts space in Seattle: 1406 18th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122, https://18thandunion.org/.
Special Pay-what-you-can Preview May 4th
Opening Night May 5th
Running Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8pm from May 5th - June 3rd (No shows Memorial Day Weekend)
Tickets are available now!
More info is available here.
The Distillery, Macha Monkey's new work reading series
Check out our lineup!
- March 28th: Pamela Carter, Nesting Ground, and Stacy Flood, the law of universal gravitation, as deduced from observation
- April 25th: Maggie Lee, Sheathed
- May 30th: Matt Smith, The Hanford Invasion!
All readings: 7PM at the Calamus Auditorium at Gay City, 517 E. Pike St., Seattle. Click here for more information!
Macha Monkey seeks a Managing Director!
Macha Monkey is seeking a Managing Director to oversee, implement and ensure sustainability of the company’s operations, finances and community support. The Managing Director works with a committed Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, sustainability, and excellence of the company. The Managing Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director as peers in the organizational structure. The role will begin as salaried part time with growth potential.
- Responsible for financial management of the company, including creating an annual budget, bookkeeping, and ensuring tax compliance.
- Secure grant funding, either personally or through management of a contractor.
- Work closely with Artistic Director to allocate production budgets, manage audience experience, and cultivate donors.
- Support artistic programming by booking spaces and maintaining an event calendar.
- Use Salesforce/PatronManager to maintain contact list and provide reporting.
- Respond to patron and donor inquiries.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, including generating reports and liaising with other staff.
- Maximum 20 hours/month.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess experience in a non-profit arts management/leadership position, with demonstrated experience in fundraising, grant writing and marketing, or equivalent education.
- Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Demonstrate capacity to lead, manage, motivate and inspire the theatre’s team.
- Have experience in marketing, advertising and public relations activities, including driving growth in ticket sales and associated revenues.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal leadership, and communications (both written and oral) skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, stamina and passion.
$15 hourly. Position has the potential to grow.
Who we are:
Founded in 2001, Monkey Productions is a non-profit arts organization showcasing exceptional artists, delivering innovative education programs, and staging new theatrical works which feature strong female characters.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.