The Distillery, Macha Monkey's new work reading series
New play submissions for our 2016-2017 season are now closed. Thank you for the overwhelming response, playwrights! Opportunities for Pacific Northwest playwrights to submit new plays to Macha Monkey will open in spring 2017.
Macha Monkey seeks a Managing Director!
Macha Monkey is seeking a Managing Director to oversee, implement and ensure sustainability of the company’s operations, finances and community support. The Managing Director works with a committed Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, sustainability, and excellence of the company. The Managing Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director as peers in the organizational structure. The role will begin as salaried part time with growth potential.
- Responsible for financial management of the company, including creating an annual budget, bookkeeping, and ensuring tax compliance.
- Secure grant funding, either personally or through management of a contractor.
- Work closely with Artistic Director to allocate production budgets, manage audience experience, and cultivate donors.
- Support artistic programming by booking spaces and maintaining an event calendar.
- Use Salesforce/PatronManager to maintain contact list and provide reporting.
- Respond to patron and donor inquiries.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, including generating reports and liaising with other staff.
- Maximum 20 hours/month.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess experience in a non-profit arts management/leadership position, with demonstrated experience in fundraising, grant writing and marketing, or equivalent education.
- Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Demonstrate capacity to lead, manage, motivate and inspire the theatre’s team.
- Have experience in marketing, advertising and public relations activities, including driving growth in ticket sales and associated revenues.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal leadership, and communications (both written and oral) skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, stamina and passion.
$15 hourly. Position has the potential to grow.
Who we are:
Founded in 2001, Monkey Productions is a non-profit arts organization showcasing exceptional artists, delivering innovative education programs, and staging new theatrical works which feature strong female characters.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.