Audition Notice: …And Starring Claire from Hollywood
Macha Monkey Productions announces auditions on 2/26 and 3/4 for the world premiere comedy …And Starring Claire from Hollywood by Jim Moran, directed by Amy Poisson this May, 2017.
Auditions will be held at Theatre of Puget Sound from noon to 4pm on Sunday 2/26 and from 1:00pm to 2:30pm on Saturday 3/4. Please sign up to obtain an audition space.
More info is available here.
…And Starring Claire from Hollywood
Coming in May at 18th and Union Macha Monkey Productions proudly presents the world premiere of ...And Starring Claire from Hollywood by Jim Moran. Directed by Amy Poisson.
...And Starring Claire from Hollywood is a behind-the-scenes comedy of a former Hollywood actress’s foray into a community summer theatre production of Noel Coward’s Private Lives.
Playing at 18th and Union, an arts space in Seattle: 1406 18th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122, https://18thandunion.org/.
Special Pay-what-you-can Preview May 4th
Opening Night May 5th
Running Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8pm from May 5th - June 3rd (No shows Memorial Day Weekend)
Tickets will be available soon. Check back here for details!
The Distillery, Macha Monkey's new work reading series
Check out our 2016-2017 lineup!
- November 22nd: Scott Herman, Pluggedin
- January 24th: Paul Lewis, The Names
- February 28th: Rachel Atkins, Out of Time
- March 28th: Pamela Carter, Nesting Ground, and Stacy Flood, the law of universal gravitation, as deduced from observation
- April 25th: Maggie Lee, Sheathed
- May 30th: Matt Smith, The Hanford Invasion!
All readings: 7PM at the Calamus Auditorium at Gay City, 517 E. Pike St., Seattle. Click here for more information!
Macha Monkey seeks a Managing Director!
Macha Monkey is seeking a Managing Director to oversee, implement and ensure sustainability of the company’s operations, finances and community support. The Managing Director works with a committed Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, sustainability, and excellence of the company. The Managing Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director as peers in the organizational structure. The role will begin as salaried part time with growth potential.
- Responsible for financial management of the company, including creating an annual budget, bookkeeping, and ensuring tax compliance.
- Secure grant funding, either personally or through management of a contractor.
- Work closely with Artistic Director to allocate production budgets, manage audience experience, and cultivate donors.
- Support artistic programming by booking spaces and maintaining an event calendar.
- Use Salesforce/PatronManager to maintain contact list and provide reporting.
- Respond to patron and donor inquiries.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, including generating reports and liaising with other staff.
- Maximum 20 hours/month.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess experience in a non-profit arts management/leadership position, with demonstrated experience in fundraising, grant writing and marketing, or equivalent education.
- Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Demonstrate capacity to lead, manage, motivate and inspire the theatre’s team.
- Have experience in marketing, advertising and public relations activities, including driving growth in ticket sales and associated revenues.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal leadership, and communications (both written and oral) skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, stamina and passion.
$15 hourly. Position has the potential to grow.
Who we are:
Founded in 2001, Monkey Productions is a non-profit arts organization showcasing exceptional artists, delivering innovative education programs, and staging new theatrical works which feature strong female characters.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.